The Cedarville University Department of Art, Design, and Theatre seeks a talented and highly-motivated Assistant Professor of Theatre (Performance). This is a full-time, tenure-track eligible teaching position.
The applicant best suited for the position will:
- Demonstrate a record of professional experience and achievement
- Sustain professional and academic work appropriate to the discipline
- Actively contribute to the development of the theatre program and committee membership
- Advise, mentor and disciple students
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Twenty-four semester credit hours of teaching responsibility or equivalent each academic year of two semesters
- Potential areas of teaching would include courses in Acting, The Christian in Theatre, Voice for the Performer, Performing Shakespeare, Theatre for Young People, and Introduction to Theatre. Other areas of specialization could include stage combat, dramatic literature, playwriting, stage movement, and advanced acting.
- Directing one or more Main Stage productions per year (as part of teaching load)
- Advising senior theatre capstone projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Documented successful college-level teaching and directing experience
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's Doctrinal Statement, Community Covenant, and General Workplace Standards
- MFA, PHD or equivalent field-related terminal degree; (MA would be considered)