Thousands of Chinese students and scholars come to American universities each year. China Outreach Ministries reaches out to them in Christ’s love, meeting needs through practical helps, friendship and God’s Word. COM is seeking Campus Outreach Staff to serve the more than 17,000 Chinese students and scholars at Pacific Northwest universities. COM’s goal: lead them to Christ and help them become multiplying, fully devoted followers of Christ.
Campus Outreach Staff:
- Provide services and programs that will meet the felt (practical) needs of students and scholars.
- Share the Gospel with Chinese students and scholars and disciple those who come to faith in Christ.
- Involve local churches and volunteers in serving and reaching Chinese students and scholars.
China Outreach Ministries is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization based in Mechanicsburg, PA. Its mission is to give Christ to Chinese students and scholars, future leaders of China, who study or do research at American universities. COM staff, working in university communities throughout the U.S., offer hospitality, social activities, English classes and a variety of practical services to help these students and scholars succeed. As COM staff members build friendships, they share Christ and offer Bible studies for those who are interested. They mentor and disciple those who come to Christ and help those who return to China as believers become Christ-like leaders for their families, communities, and professions. Outreach staff work closely with local churches and volunteers.
Campus Outreach staff members work in university communities where there are a substantial number of Chinese students and scholars.
COM offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plus a 403(b) retirement plan.
Interested applicants can request additional information or application forms by contacting COM’s mobilization team at email@example.com.
COM is seeking mature disciples of Jesus Christ to fill these positions, ones who are self-motivated and committed to achieving COM’s goals. Candidates must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and cross-cultural awareness. They must be able to meet new people, build friendships, teach the Bible, lead small groups, organize outreach programs and manage volunteers. COM is seeking candidates to either join campus teams in Seattle or Portland or to begin ministries in other Pacific Northwest university communities (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or Alaska).
Campus staff are supported financially and prayerfully by personal ministry partners. COM provides extensive partnership development training, equipping staff to share their ministry vision and invite individuals and churches to invest in their ministry. Experienced ministry coaches guide staff as they build their partnership team. Grant funds may be available to help new full-time staff begin their fund raising.
- Mature disciple of Jesus Christ, growing in love for God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture, and God’s purpose in the world
- A vital and growing relationship of faith, obedience and love through prayer, worship, Bible study, personal witness/testimony, and participation in church life
- Self motivated, achieves results that accomplish COM goals
- Concerned about effectiveness (doing the right things in the right way for the right reasons)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated administrative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build teamwork among colleagues
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Ability to lead small groups, conduct training and teach God’s Word
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers to accomplish organizational goals
- A teachable spirit – consistently ready to learn and grow in ministry effectiveness
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, or in lieu of a degree, significant experience in campus ministry.
- Serve Chinese students and scholars by meeting practical needs for housing, transportation, socialization, etc.
- Meet spiritual needs by:
- offering opportunities to understand and respond to Christian truth through personal contact and outreach activities
- discipling new converts and training believers for Christian service
- encouraging Chinese believers to be active in a local church
- Expand the ministry by involving volunteers and churches in outreach ministries
- Participate in designated COM staff activities:
- personal and ministry accountability programs
- national staff conferences and regional staff conferences/retreats
- local staff meetings when applicable
- training programs as assigned by appropriate COM leadership
- Submit ministry reports and plans to COM leadership as assigned.
- Foster teamwork in the wider ministry of COM by:
- representing and promoting COM to individuals and churches
- helping to recruit new staff
- striving for team unity among COM staff and cooperative ministries
- Raise budgeted support and maintain regular communication with his/her support team
Two or more years of work experience in campus or cross-cultural ministry preferred.