The Chaplain provides leadership for the Spiritual Life Department, which includes the chapel program, Spiritual Life programming, and outreach opportunities, all of which encourage all students to explore what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and to grow in their faith through Christian fellowship across cultures and through spiritual practices. Serves as a member of the Student Life Management Team and the Crisis Management Team.
Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; ability to initiate relationships and develop rapport with undergraduate students; understanding of developmental concerns of university students; respect and understanding of Protestant, Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox Christian traditions; ability to encourage personal/spiritual growth in others and implement educational programming.
Master's degree in Ministry, Master of Divinity, Student Affairs, or Higher Education is required.
1. Provide leadership and oversight for Spiritual Life Department, setting its vision, tone, and goals.
2. Provide support, supervision, evaluation and training of the Discipleship Coordinator.
3. Direct the chapel program, encouraging the ecumenically diverse LCC community toward deepening knowledge, relationship and love of Jesus Christ. Find appropriate speakers both within and outside the campus community.
4. Recognize and recruit student leaders to be the Chapel Worship Leaders. Disciple, train and mentor student leaders through team and individual meetings, empowering and equipping them to become student ministers among their peers through the avenue of music in chapel.
5. Develop connections with pastors and Christian organizations within Klaipeda. Provide LCC students with information regarding possible involvement or participation in these ministries.
6. Continually work to discern the spiritual climate on campus and intentionally encourage the spiritual growth and enrichment of the entire community. Serve students by being available for dialogue in exploring questions related to personal faith in Christ and to offer pastoral counseling that is consistent with the Christian faith and within the bounds of one’s personal counseling training.
7. Provide programming that fosters dialogue and/or engagement around various issues of faith.
8. Manage the departmental budget.
9. Participate in Student Life departmental educational programming.