World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, has a full-time opening for a Church with Community Coordinator to inspire, equip, and empower deacons and church leaders as they work with congregations to join God's transforming work in US communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain a network of leaders in the Christian Reformed Church dedicated to encourage the leadership role of deacons in church and community.
- Develop a network of practitioners dedicated to the practice and promotion of asset based community development in their own communities.
- Develop and promote resources for churches desiring to connect with their communities.
- Develop a strategy that promotes the seamless connection between churches engaging in community transformation locally and World renew’s ministry globally.
- Develop an awareness and understanding of what “pursuing justice” means for churches.
- Be willing to travel up to 25% of the time to consult with churches and build appropriate networks.
- Be an actively contributing member of the Church Relations sub-team, and provide insight in all interactions and meetings with the sub-team, the CORE Team, and World Renew generally.
- Build or be part of a cross agency team in the CRCNA to address systems support for the above responsibilities.
- Be in regular communication with DRS staff and regional leadership volunteers in order to discover opportunities for practical church involvement in existing and expanded DRS activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in a related field is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- At least 4 years of ministry experience in a related field.