Covenant United Methodist Church is a vibrant church in North Austin seeking a highly qualified and dynamic Worship Leader. The primary responsibility is planning, coordinating, leading, and growing an established multi-generational contemporary service. The Contemporary Worship Leader works in a team along with the Senior Pastor, Choir Director and Worship Team to plan Sunday services as well as special services. This leader should show evidence of deep understanding of the gospel, passion for worshiping God, and commitment to helping others experience the love of Christ through music and liturgy. The ideal candidate will be sensitive to what makes worship effective and the ways people relate to God.
This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week, with some flexibility in scheduling hours.
- A lived and expressed relationship with Jesus Christ reflected in lifestyle choices, spiritual maturity and a dedication to personal development
- Understanding of and ability to articulate a personal Christian faith within the Wesleyan tradition
- Demonstrated skill vocally and instrumentally (guitar and/or keyboard)
- Value diverse music styles from contemporary artists and providing leadership appropriately
- Demonstrated experience with vocal, instrumental, and keyboard music, tone, harmony, and hymnody
- Demonstrated experience with media, video, drama and other elements of worship design
- Demonstrated experience with worship presentation software.
- Demonstrate leadership and teaching ability and express strong relational skills and a positive attitude
- Previous experience in worship leading, design, and performance
- Leading the 9 am contemporary worship service each Sunday
- Leading worship service one Sunday evening a month in our outdoor worship area, weather permitting
- Leading and staffing our contemporary band and worship team both musically and spiritually
- Working with the choir director on special services and events
- Coordinating with the children’s choir and hand bell choir
- Attending weekly staff and worship planning meetings
- Creating weekly slideshows for both services and assisting with bulletins
- Managing and coordinating the audio visual team if volunteers not available to oversee
- Growing a ministry focused on experiencing Christ and growing as disciples
- Creating an atmosphere where visitors are welcomed
- Building relationships with congregants and being present and active in the life of the church