Reporting to the Sr. Pastor (or his/her designee), this position is responsible to utilize his/her God given talents in supporting the overall vision, mission and values of FPCO in areas of music and worship. Primary focus for this position is leading the congregation during the Genesis service, a non-traditional, reformed expression of worship with multiple artistic dynamics aimed at drawing people into the presence of the living God.
- Exceptional vocal artist with ability to play guitar and/or keyboard skills
- Ability to lead, inspire and engage the congregation during the worship experience
- Proficiency in recording/live production software applications such as Logic(x), Ableton, Protools or similar
- Proficiency writing and arranging music/hymnody appropriate within a worship context
- Ability to create worship with a holistic approach incorporating service content, light, visual media, stage design aesthetics
- Possess a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior which is clearly demonstrated in lifestyle, commitment to prayer and Biblical knowledge
- Must be/become a member of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando
- Perform sedentary work at a workstation and/or with musical instruments
- Bend as necessary for lifting, sitting and/or using instrument key boards, computer/computer mouse.
- Occasionally Lift and/or move up to 25 lb. from a standing position bending knees, using arms, shoulders, back and upper body to move and/or lift music and audio/visual equipment.
Bachelor’s degree required
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Meet regularly with the Minister of Worship, Worship Arts and Creative teams to review, plan and implement meaningful worship experiences that align with the vision and direction of the church.
- Plan worship services and assist in production to ensure the service components contribute to the theological continuity of the non-traditional worship services
- Participate in long term planning, utilizing a collaborative approach that values and respects traditional worship styles, particularly when the service will be blended or convergent
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of live worship, special events, and various ministries
- Lead and direct worship team during midweek rehearsal practice in preparation for Sunday worship experience
- Responsible for recruiting instrumentalists to enrich worship experience
- Work with the Creative team members in utilizing technology to enhance the overall worship message primarily for Genesis services
- As needed, participate in worship experience for special events such as weddings and funerals
- Recruit, train and mentor staff of direct reports and/or volunteers
- Plan and manage Genesis budget
- Minimum 5 or more years of experience as a leader in contemporary worship in a large church environment