Overview-Please watch this link to know more:
WANT TO MAKE AN IMPACT FOR JESUS FOR GENERATIONS?
The Mission of NewLife Church is to “embrace each person with the life-changing Grace and Truth of Jesus” NewLife is a 17-year-old church who demonstrates passion and vision to reach the Next Generation. One of our core values is, “Next Generation- We Invest,” which means that everything we do around NewLife goes through that lens. We believe strongly that God is calling us to invest into the Next generation and to pursue His leading with courageous faith. We are at the beginning stages of adding additional space to our current facility to meet the needs of our Next Generation. THE NEXT GEN Pastor is the key element to help create and steward our Value of investing in the Next Generation.
The Next/Gen Pastor (which is an equipping pastor), is called to equip volunteers to make disciples of kids and youth at NewLife Church and their families. This position must lead in helping volunteers, students, and families in spiritual development, Biblical knowledge, and participation in the mission of the Church.
The Next Gen Pastor bears oversight responsibilities for ministry to and with youth, from birth to the Twelfth Grade. The Next Gen Pastor plans and implements relevant programs, plus recruits develops and trains volunteers to assist in the program. The Next Gen Pastor must models, teach, and coach Newlife families in proclaiming the Gospel and building the next generation of disciples and leaders.
If interested please send your cover letter, resume, and any video teaching to
Tim Agrimson, Executive Pastor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Febuary 2nd, 2019 is the final day to send resume
- A consistent, mature, and enthusiastic commitment to Jesus Christ and a commitment to live in accordance with His teachings and passion to bring others into fellowship with Him.
- 5+ years experience and expertise in children, youth and family ministries preferred.
- High level of organizational and management skills in recruiting, developing, and training volunteers, prioritizing workload, and implementing programs.
- High level of written and personal communication skills, both with children and adults.
- Strong servant leadership skills with experience in team building and mentoring.
- A desire to build, nurture, and maintain meaningful inter-generational relationships.
- Creativity to identify and use resources effectively for community outreach; openness to new ideas and taking risks to achieve goals; flexibility.
- Must be a parent.
- Characteristics: Learner, Leader, Creative, Administrative, Energy(FUN) Visionary
*Bonus- Having experience working in a church with multiple locations.
Duties- Oversees current part-time Children’s Director (20hrs)
- Plan and implement programs for the Biblical training, spiritual nurture, and discipleship for youth from birth to twelfth five, including an exciting, safe, and effective Sunday morning program.
- Inspire, recruit, train, and empower volunteers to lead in all programs.
- Equip families to engage with the Gospel at home and in ministry with their neighbors.
- Develop, empower, and provide creative leadership for family ministry church/volunteer staff that offers vision, goal-setting, and execution of programs to inspire and include kids, youth and their families in the full life of the church.
- Coordinate special, seasonal events, and activities that serve and teach kids and youth and plus includes outreach to children in the community.
- Build a Next/Gen internship program
- Identify and integrate existing para-church ministries to complement the internal program needs.
- Nurture own personal faith with private and corporate study and prayer.
- Participate in fellowship as a partner and regular worshipper at NewLife Church.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and report to Executive Pastor.
- Oversight of Next Gen. budget responsibilities
- Agrees & Beliefs adheres to NewLife Church-https://www.newlifedsm.com/what-we-believe/
- Other duties as assigned that support the health and functioning of NewLife Church.