The Minister is the spiritual leader of Arbor Grove Congregational Church (AGCC), leading the congregation in worship, pastoral calling, providing counseling as needed, responding to individual member's needs in time of personal crisis and helping members in their individual journeys in exploring and developing their spiritual lives.
• The pastor speaks to, and never for, the congregation.
• All points of view are respected, including views in opposition of others.
• Effective worship leader
• Commitment to education ministry
• Commitment to community service
• Effective administrator
• Ability to work with boards and committees
• Bible teachings are not a literal interpretation.
• The pastor questions and explores God, Jesus, and the Bible, challenging the congregation to explore for themselves.
• Historical knowledge of the Bible, scriptures, and other relevant religions.
• Ecumenical perspective on the traditions and institutions of religion.
• Professional relationships with local/regional non-Christian groups.
Preferred Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary (ATS).
- Preaching and Worship
- Pastoral Care
- Christian Education
- Representative to local, regional, and national associations
- Willingness to use technology within the office environment.
- Supervise administrative staff, building cleaning crew, and daily office operations.