West Church, a non-denominational evangelical church with a congregational form of government located in historical Peabody, MA, is looking to fill the position of senior pastor. West seeks a vibrant leader of leaders, who loves the Lord, loves people, can clearly present the gospel, and is driven towards clear goals. The senior pastor’s role is primarily that of preaching and teaching the word of God and shepherding the congregation and the church staff. His focus is to be on leading the congregation into spiritual maturity and equipping them together for the work of ministry as The Body of Christ.
For more information, including a detailed job description, and to apply, please visit our website: https://westchurchpeabody.org/senior-pastor-search-2018/
- New Birth through faith in Jesus Christ alone as his personal Savior and Lord, and the ability to articulate the Gospel of Christ clearly to others.
- An ordained Seminary Graduate with a minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience.
- A Call from God to serve Him in the local church as a loving, caring, and praying “pastor-teacher” of His people and those yet to come to Him.
- Agreement with our Doctrinal Statement of Faith, our Missions Vision, and commitment to do our part in fulfilling Jesus’ Great Commission.
An ordained Seminary Graduate with a minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience.
The Senior Pastor will be directly responsible for the following areas of ministry and oversight:
- Preaching: Consistent Preaching of “The whole counsel of God’s Word” (Acts 20:27) on a regular Sunday schedule.
- Prayer: Encourage the continuing culture of prayer in our congregation. Support the active prayer ministries that currently exist within the congregation.
- Vision Integration: Educate and integrate any vision statement adopted by the Board of Deacons and the Congregation, with the objective that such vision be communicated throughout each ministry of the church.
- Counseling: Be available for personal counseling that is Biblically based in a variety of real life situations, such as personal, family needs, grief, crisis, pre-marriage, and marriage counseling, and exercise church discipline, as needed. (cf. Our Constitution: Article VIII. A. 2. and in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-22)
- Ministration of Sacraments and Special Occasions: a. Lead the congregation in the celebration of the Lord’s Supper and Baptisms. Preside over weddings, funerals, and baby dedications (as requested). b. Conduct membership classes for New Member and Baptism candidates. c. Lead the yearly dedication of Pastoral Staff, Church Officers, and newly elected Board Members following the Annual Meeting; and at other times, the dedication of Sunday School Teachers, Vacation Bible School and Staff, and departing Mission Teams.
- Administration: a. Oversee and encourage the church administrative staff in fulfilling their tasks in compliance with their Job Descriptions. b. Work with Associate Pastor in defining his ministry tasks and encouraging him in the use of his spiritual gifts. Ensure that the Associate Pastor is supported in developing the ministry necessary to accomplish the tasks defined in his Job Description. c. Serve as an ex-officio member of all boards and committees of the church. (cf. Our Constitution: Article VII. Sec. 3
5+ years of pastoral or ministerial equivalent experience