Summary: The Special Assistant to the President reports through the Vice President for Enrollment Management and serves as the liaison for Montreat leadership, influencers of high school students and parents, and other targeted audiences articulating the college’s values, messages, and plans. An essential focus of this position is to meet the enrollment goals for the Charlotte region through carrying out marketing strategies and by providing expertise for advancing Montreat College’s enrollment objectives. The ideal candidate lives in the Charlotte area and has an established network of relationships.
A qualified candidate will have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and affirm and support the vision, mission, statement of faith, and community life covenant of Montreat College.
- Bachelor’s degree required | Master’s degree preferred.
- Three – five years of management experience is required.
- Demonstrated advancement in leadership roles.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service.
- Experience in marketing preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions:
- Establish new and nurture existing relationships in Charlotte with influencers of high school students and parents who may assist with Montreat College’s enrollment goals. This is achieved through regular contacts, visits, and ongoing communication with school leaders, church youth ministers and leaders, para-church organizations, home school network leadership, supporters, partners, vendors and organizations.
- Seek and implement innovative ways to introduce Montreat College to Charlotte and build community awareness of all Montreat has to offer.
- Support Montreat leadership in identifying beneficial community resources to assist with enrollment.
- Develop and implement other events and projects in support of the mission of Montreat College as directed by the President or VP.
- Identify and attend educational conventions, forums, and other opportunities in Charlotte to stay abreast of current ideas and opportunities to build Montreat enrollment, and help Montreat staff coordinate their attendance at events to represent Montreat.
- Meet with students, parents, school and/or community representatives in outreach activities with the end goal of increasing Montreat College enrollment.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of the liaison activities.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations as appropriate.
- Develop a regional enrollment representative model, and assist in future implementation or training of other on-site regional enrollment representatives and provide oversight and training for college liaisons as necessary.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to develop and deliver public presentations.
- Management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in data management.
- Proficient in report writing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
Goals and Compensation:
- Minimum of 10 students enrolled for Fall 2019, 20 for Fall 2020
- Meet established number of phone contacts, personal visits with prospective students and parents, visits and contacts with targeted influencers, college fair programs, and Meet Montreat programs, as determined by VP.
- This is a part-time position (20-25 hrs./wk.) for 10 months (mid-Aug – mid-June); hourly rate TBD and commensurate with qualifications
- Complete application.
- An updated resume.
- Personal statement of Christian faith.
- Three professional references.
About Montreat College:
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.