New Community Bible Fellowship is a growing 3700 member Bible teaching, non-denominational church in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. We are seeking a full-time staff member to provide leadership for our dynamic Teen (13-18 years old) Ministry.
The vision for the leader of New Community’s Teen Ministry can be summarized as: a leader with Biblical aptitude defined as not only a sound understanding of the Bible and doctrine, but the ability to relevantly teach those truths for life-change in an urban setting.
The Youth Minister (YM) is responsible for providing leadership, oversight and implementation of the youth ministry at New Community Bible Fellowship, which includes teens from thirteen years old to the age of eighteen. The YM will work with and under the Director of Next Generations Ministries for the goal of overseeing all ministries and events designed with the purpose of reaching and discipling teenagers in Christ. Primary leadership requirements are the recruitment, development and oversight of all youth ministry leaders and team members. The goal is to raise up a generation passionate to know Jesus, to live for Jesus and to make Jesus known to family, friends and the uttermost parts of the earth.
- Strong biblical foundation for wise management in a church setting. Must be strong as an administrator. Able to establish and maintain appropriate standards for the accomplishment of ministry in a way that honors both God and people.
- Professional and mature inter-personal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills-ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately both orally and in writing.
- Must have a servant’s attitude.
- Timeliness is a very important value at New Community. Must meet request for information or action in a timely, tactful, and courteous manner.
- Must be a sound example in your marriage of Christian maturity and living out biblical principles of marriage.
- Effective communication is a very important value at New Community. Must provide clear, regular and thorough communications to all whom you work.
- Must be a team player, promoting unity for the overall direction of the team and the Ministry.
- Ability to be extremely flexible in an environment that is subject to many spur of the moment changes.
- Initiative, perseverance, follow-through and “whatever it takes” attitudes are very important.
- Must have a strong commitment to handling conflict according to the precepts of Scripture.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Breach of confidentiality (whether personal or company related) is grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Must exhibit personal discretion concerning information shared or observed in the normal flow of church interactions, whether leaders, staff or members.
- As with all assignments at New Community, the TMC position serves in the best interest of New Community Bible Fellowship. This person must have an open, submitted and understanding spirit, should the Sr. Pastor or eldership determine a need for change or reassignment.
- New Community Bible Fellowship membership
- Must exhibit a strong commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Both Teen Leader and spouse must be willing to spend time in Bible Study with NCBF
- Both Teen Leader and spouse must be willing to spend time in staff training at NCBF
- Fully embraces the vision, mission, and values of New Community Bible Fellowship
- Proficient in Microsoft software where applicable to ministry duties
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and team development skills
- Must exhibit a continuous effort to develop and improve skills and knowledge
- Bachelors Degree from Accredited Seminary (Required)
- Master’s Degree from Accredited Bible College or Seminary (Preferred)
Responsible for executing the vision of the Sr. Pastor as it relates to discipleship and spiritual growth plans for teens, special events and service opportunities.
- Personal oversight and/or involvement of all ministries and events pertaining to teens, for the purpose of evaluation and ongoing training.
- Assist the Director of Next Generations Ministries (DNGM) in speaking a compelling vision to introduce the teens, their ministry needs and events to the broader church community and especially other church leaders.
- Through prayer and continual research recommend strategies for accomplishing our goals to reach and disciple the teens.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive biblical based curriculum from 7th grade thru (12) twelfth grade.
- Minimum of 2 years full-time relevant experience is required.