About Our Church
We are a dynamic, Spirit-filled, multi-ethnic, Pentecostal church in Lakeland, Florida. We are seeking a fulltime or part time youth/young adult pastor (a couple is preferred) who is comfortable and adept at working in a multi-cultural environment (primarily Indian)
The goal of the Youth Ministry (Middle, High School, and College & Career) is to build disciples for Christ, equipping them to share their faith with others. The mission of discipleship in relational environments should be a key component of the youth ministry.
The Youth Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Lead Pastor provides an annual evaluation of the Youth Pastor’s performance, based on an agreed Ministry Action Plan (MAP).
● Be an advocate for youth and young adults and educate the congregation about the needs of youth in the local church and community.
● Mentor youth and young adults in developing their leadership skills.
● Stay apprised with new resources and changes in youth ministry and youth
culture and adjust our programming as needed to maintain a current and
● Share these changes with the parents to assist them in better understanding
their youth and the culture they live in.
● Preaching in the church, as scheduled by the pastor.
● Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people,
and resources that relate to youth ministries.
● Select the curriculum, teach or coordinate others teaching, for all mid-week
● Provide leadership for student ministry leads, mentors, and parents beyond
● Communicate with the youth and parents in a timely manner and as
effectively as possible using all available resources
● Attend all Servant Leadership Team (SLT) meetings as required.
● Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry
- Adhere to theology and values in harmony with IPC Florida’s mission and values as well as statements of belief as stated in the Constitution and Bylaws
- The candidate (and their spouse) should exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, a healthy family life, and be a team player.
- The candidate should be baptized in the Holy Spirit, have a passion for God's Word, a love for young people, a servant’s heart, and a passion for evangelism both personally and at the ministry level.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the church.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Required Bachelor's Degree in Bible or Ministry, or Seminary Degree, Ordained (or working toward Ordination).
Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to student ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
o Disciple the youth and young adults into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments
o Grow the youth ministry by creating attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
o Build a team of passionate adult youth coaches to help mentor and disciple the youth
o Teach the youth and young adults the Bible by modeling Christ in your daily life
o Challenge the youth and young adults to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
Youth Ministry experience is a plus
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Youth Pastor Application” and the following attachments:
- Your resumé
- A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
- A statement, no longer than one page, on your philosophy of youth ministry.
4. A link to your preaching (preferably video, but audio is acceptable if no video is available)